Being a digital nomad is truly exciting!
The idea of being a digital nomad is truly exciting because you will have the opportunity to live and work in the most exotic destination, explore local culture and traditions and acquire many skills along the way without exhausting your holiday balance. Isn’t that every man’s dream? Coworking and availability of coworking spaces has become extremely popular and this concept is the future.
Why has this coworking concept become so popular? In 2020, when the pandemic hit us, we all thought that the new normal of working from home is the dream solution to start having a work-life balance and a chance to miss the peak traffic hours and long commute to the office. But think about it! Has that really been the case? The comfort of working from home and not having to really make an effort to be presentable has only increased the working hours. This is the case for all those who are highly ambitious and do all that it takes to succeed. So, remote work is the future but not from our supremely comfortable couch. Rather remote coworking probably in Sardinia, Crete or Bali and many more other exotic travel destinations is the future.
Now, have I convinced you to start thinking about your first coworking trip? Yes! I am sure. Then you might start wondering how to facilitate a remote work environment in order for you to be a perfect digital nomad. Simply follow this guide to know if you are equipped to go on your first coworking trip.
1. Choose the right destination
There are so many destinations that can be the right location for you. Hey! Some unusual locations exist that are extremely cool to experience. If that’s your thing. But it is really important to list down your preferred choice and narrow down to one that is perfect for you. This destination can be chosen based on the weather conditions, the culture you would like to explore, the food scene, weekend excursion options, or simply the fact that the location inspires you. Need some friendly nudge to help you pick a location? Then check out these top 5 destinations for coworking.
2. Choose the best coworking space
An ideal coworking space
Now that you have narrowed down on the location, the next step is to decide on a perfect coworking space that offers a lot of flexibility. The most important aspect would be to find a space that is in close proximity to your accommodation. Few things to consider when choosing a coworking space:
- Atmosphere: Make sure the aesthetics of the space encourages you to be more productive, efficient, sparks creativity and has the potential to instill a good networking scenario.
- Environment: Check the temperature (heating and cooling facilities), lighting, air quality, facilitates privacy, helps you sustain noise, is decorated with plants, encourages sustainability and simply allows you to hide away with deep work.
- Flexibility: If your work requires you to take a lot of meetings then make sure the coworking space provides you with the flexibility. Flexibility in terms of change of scenery, a dedicated desk or the ability to move around.
- Access to good food, good coffee and a fitness area: Yes, it is important to find a space that increases your productivity but it is equally important to find a space that helps to destress. Questions you have to ask yourself: Are there restaurants close by? Does the space come with a fully equipped kitchen? Does the space provide a gym, garden area, outdoor patio and balcony?
3. Find like-minded travel mates for your coworking trip
The next important step is to choose the right coworking tripmates to create a dynamic environment that will help you succeed. It's not just for working alongside but to enjoy fun activities together that will be planned after your working hours. Follow this guide where our colleague Anna gives tips on how to find the perfect coworking buddy.
4. Office amenities
It will be essential to make sure you have the basic equipment to help you create an enjoyable environment for deep work. The last thing you would want to do is to run around in a new location trying to find things that will help you connect to that very important meeting. More packing tips for your next CoWorking trip can be found here.
- Laptop: This is the most important and obvious equipment you should not forget. I would recommend you connect your laptop to a second screen as well. Depending on the work you do, a handy second screen will help you have a good visual.
- Noise cancelling headphones: This will help you eliminate the surrounding noise or simply help you listen to some music while you work. If you are also someone who has a lot of meetings then a noise cancelling headphones would help hear and talk more clearly. Also, carry an earphone just in case your main headphones stop working.
- Power bank: This will help you have stable power while on the go or in times of need. Depending on your usage, a power bank could act as a survival kit.
- Bluetooth mouse: If convenience is your goal, then use a bluetooth mouse! This will help you create a set up of being in an office.
- An extension cord: When you are using a work desk shared with other coworkers, using an extension cord will help when you have only one power outlet.
- Portable wi-fi router: Sometimes it is difficult to judge the power of your wi-fi available in your coworking space. As a precaution, it will be best to carry a portable wi-fi router to help make sure you are always online.
How does the world work? We always take a big step out of the past and we have to embrace change. If there is one thing that the pandemic has taught us, it is that we need human connection and coworking is the new reality that will facilitate human connection.
I hope this guide has inspired you to go on your first coworking trip with like-minded travelers. Then plan your own coworking trip with JoinMyTrip now and share your inspiration and motivation with like-minded travelers.
Just sit back and enjoy your next adventure 🌎☀️